NEW FOR 2022
This kit gives you everything that you need to upgrade your existing Evolution Bipod to either an SC-ARC or BTC-Pro clamp by RRS SOAR so you can attach your bipod to BOTH ARCA swiss (aka RRS 1.5" dovetail) rails AND NATO standard Picatinny rails.
( 1 ) SC-ARC or BTC Pro dual clamp from RRS SOAR & 17S Cantilever Adapter
( 1 ) Replacement 17S Top Pivot (New for 2022)
( 1 ) Extended pivot bolt ( required for the new longer top pivot)
( 1 ) Red pivot bolt grease
( 1 ) 10-32 x 1/2" bolt (pre-installed on the clamp & adapter)
( 2 ) 10-32 x 5/8" bolts
Required but NOT INCLUDED
1/8" Allen Wrench
Instructions for bipods with existing ADM Picatinny clamps:
- - Using a 1/8" Allen wrench, remove the two 10/32 x 1/2" bolts from the top of the ADM Picatinny Clamp that attaches the clamp to the bipod Top Pivot. These bolts are set with blue Loctite so they may require more force than you think they should to remove. Carefully adding heat with a blow-dryer or heat gun may help the Loctite break free but is typically not necessary.
2 - Unscrew the Pod-Lock Lever counterclockwise and set it aside along with the Silver Washer and Brass Washer. Keep in mind that if you pull on the lever before turning it, it will disengage from the inner gear and spin freely but will not unscrew. Just turn it and it will unscrew. Set aside the Pod-Lock Lever and two washers as you'll need to reuse these.
3 - Insert the 1/8" Allen wrench into the end of the threaded post where you just removed the pod-lock and washers from and unscrew counterclockwise. This too has been set with blue Loctite so it may require some more force than expected to remove. Carefully applying some heat with a blow-dryer or heat gun may help release the Loctite. Set the threaded post aside, you will be reusing it.
4 - Using the same 1/8" Allen wrench, remove the lower bolt which is the pivot bolt. It is also set with blue Loctite but should come out rather easily. This bolt is not long enough for the new 17S Top Pivot so it is no longer needed and can be set aside. We have provided a longer replacement bolt in your kit.
5 - With the Threaded Post and Pivot Bolt removed, the original top pivot should come off easily. The kit includes a New Larger 17S Top Pivot that will replace this one, so you can set it aside or discard it.
- - Apply a small dab of blue Loctite in each of the threaded HOLES (not on the bolts) of the Top Pivot (2 on top, 1 underneath on the inside for the pivot bolt), the cantilever adapter (the only hole that's threaded), and the bipod body (upper hole, only one that's threaded). Be careful not to use too much and clean up any excess. Leaving Loctite in the mechanism will inhibit performance.
2 - Place the new 17S Top Pivot onto the Bipod Body with the two holes on the one side matching up to the corresponding two holes on the bipod body.
- - Apply the red grease (provided) around the smooth shaft of the pivot bolt, NOT THE THREADS. This will ensure the pivot can rotate smoothly side to side allowing you to level your rifle.
4 - Insert the greased pivot bolt into the lower hole on the Top Pivot and into the lower hole on the bipod body. It should slide easily through the Bipod Body until it reaches the threads of the Top Pivot on the other side. Use a 1/8" Allen wrench to tighten.
5 - Screw in the Threaded Post from your original bipod into the top hole of the Top Pivot and into the Bipod Body until it is tight.
6 - Place the brass washer on first, followed by the silver washer, and then screw on the Pod-Lock Handle until tight. You can reposition the lever by pulling out to disengage the gear, rotating it where you wish, and letting go to set it.
7 - The SC-ARC clamp will come already attached to the Cantilever Adapter using one 10-31 x 1/2" bolt and set up for a right-handed shooter. When placed on the Top Pivot correctly that bolt will be at the back of the bipod and over the top of the Pod-Lock lever with the Clamp Lever being on the left side of the bipod. If you're a left-handed shooter and prefer the Clamp Lever to be on the right side of the rifle/bipod, you can simply remove the 10-32 x 1/2" rear bolt, rotate the clamp 180 degrees on the Cantilever Adapter (not on the bipod), and reattach with a dab of blue Loctite. Once in the desired orientation, use the (2) 10-32 x 5/8" bolts through the two forward holes (front one is through the adapter only, middle one is through both the clamp and adapter) to attach the Clamp & Adapter to the Top Pivot. These two parts are keyed to provide a mechanical fit meaning the Top Pivot has a bar protruding upward and the Cantilever Adapter has a valley cut in the bottom that matches up for a tight fit even without screws. It may be difficult to seat the two parts together by hand but by simply lining up the holes and screwing in the bolts the two parts will come together nicely.
About RC-ARC & R-Lock system from Really Right Stuff
- R-Lock R-LOCK (short for Rapid-Lock) System adds unique safety-stop features which are built into both a mounting rail and quick-release clamp that adhere to the RRS 1.5” Standard. The advantage of the System is the user has multiple “hard-stop” positions along the rail while retaining smooth edges and corners for maximum ergonomics and a snag-free interface that is inherently resistant to wearing down. The ”hard-stop” feature is comprised of a 5mm diameter steel pin that engages 5.5mm diameter holes in the rail. In addition to supplementing the traditional friction-based clamping mechanism, the interface prevents unintentional repositioning of the rail within the clamp when the R-LOCK is engaged.
- Easy Top-Loading: In one quick action, the clamp can go from closed to fully open, allowing easy top-loading of RRS Dovetail and ARCA-swiss compatible quick-release plates; no more lost shots while fumbling to feed the plates into the end of the clamp
- Visual Confirmation of Lock Position: You can readily observe if the lever is locked, half-open or fully open
Upgrade Kit - RRS Dual ARCA & Picatinny Clamps
Our goal is to ship all order same or next day however due to supply chaing issues please allow 1-2 weeks for deliver. If you need a product right away, please call ahead to confirm it is in-stock, and ready to ship.
We take pride in delivering a top quality, American-made product that will exceed your expectations and last a lifetime. If your bipod fails you in any way, please contact us for complimentary repair or replacement.